Sunday, December 10, 2006

Suprise! Suprise! Suprise!---I'm Back!!

Having taken a hiatus to get my blood pressure down so I could retain my CDL and remain gainfully employed, I'm attempting to get back on the horse that thru me and ride on.

My congratulations go out to Kevin Zurschmiede for his appointment to fill out the term of Mark Seabrook's seat on the New Albany Common Council. I think he is a good choice and I'm confident that he will do a good job for the citizens of New Albany.

For those of you who don't yet know, I've been asked to assume the role of president of the Uptown Neighborhood Association. Bob Callahan originally served in this position but the time constraints of his job were in conflict so he requested the group find someone else. We are the new kids on the block and we cover the chunk of real estate that lies between Vincennes & Silver from Spring Street to Charlestown Road.

Anyone who lives in that area is cordially invited to attend our next meeting and join the fun. We currently meet on the first Thursday of the month in the basement of the Silver Street Methodist Church @ 7:00 PM.

On the short list of things we hope to accomplish is to spruce up our neighborhood, start a block watch program , and whatever else we can do to make our area a fun, clean, & safe place to raise our kids, walk our pets, park our cars, and enjoy living in.

Watch this site for the date of our next meeting, come join us and meet your neighbors. They're some good people!

As for the "View From the Highway" , I'll try to be more diligent with my postings. A disclaimer though...Be careful what you ask for!

Happy Holidays New albany!

4 Comments:

At Mon Dec 11, 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

All hail to Lloyd "W" Wimp.

Seriously, congratulations. Your association has a true Bulldog to lead it.

 
At Mon Dec 11, 01:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, Bonjour, HOWDY!!!!

It is good that you live, breath and write!!!

I'm going on an expedition to Fredericksburg today...gotta see that Nazi flag for myself...I'd love to see the tasteless, (probably toothless)brainless wonder who hoisted it.

Oh...did I just stereotype, politically incorrectly??!! Hhhmmm...I believe I did!

Well, I deserve a spanking!!!

Will report later.

Roz

 
At Wed Dec 13, 10:16:00 PM, Blogger G Coyle said...

We missed your smart blogging! Welcome back.

 
At Wed Dec 13, 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Glad you're back, Lloyd.

Mind that blood pressure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home