Friday, November 25, 2005

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Those who know me personally as well as those who have visited this blogsite have probably reasoned by now that I am basically cynical by nature. However, this past Tuesday evening I was pleasantly suprised.

I attended the the Greenway Project forum at the Grand in New Albany and my hat is off to VAB & company for organizing the event as well as the proprietors for for hosting it.

First of all I was impressed with the surroundings. The last time I was inside the building it was undergoing remodeling and it was a disaster area. Kudos to whomever for a job well done.

More importantly though I was impressed with the tone of the meeting overall. Coming in I knew very little about this project.

Going out I now see the vision of what it can accomplish for not only New Albany but Clarksville, Jeffersonville, and Louisville as well. As expected there were differences of opinion on how to ultimately consumate that vision but virtually all agreed that it was a beneficial one for the community as a whole.

There was no name calling, bottle throwing, nor politicizing in the discussion. Questions were asked & answered and opinions were expressed in an adult fashion. Responses were voiced and I believe we all departed more informed than we entered .

For me it was refreshing to see people with varying views of a common goal come together to discuss the issue free of preconceptions and animosity. Perhaps we as a people can and will grow up afterall!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home