Monday, December 18, 2006

Stop the Madness!

I guess I'm getting old & cranky, but this is insanity! The wife called about 5Pm and wanted to eat Chinese this evening instead cooking at home. Having just got out of a hot shower and snuggled down into my recliner, I was reluctant to go back out but agreed to do so.

We ventured forth to the insane asylum they call Veterens Parkway in Clarksville and partook of the buffet. It was an ok experience although not as good as their weekend menu.

By the time we left it was for real dark and I suppose this is the first time I've seen the area at night. The lights, the traffic, and the general overall confusion reminded me of the first time I crossed the George Washington Bridge going into New York City in a semi. It was mind boggling! At this point some would say that one has to have a mind to boggle it, but thats another tale for another day.

Nevertheless, I expressed my displeasure to which the wife asked "Are you ready to move to the country yet?" My reply to her was "What the hell for? They'll just follow us out there and do this all over again!"

No thank you very kindly for I am quite content to stay in my humble abode here on Spring Street in good ole New Albany and listen to the dogs howl as the fire engines go screeching by. Hopefully, I'll not live to see a Wal Mart replace White Castle!

Furthermore, at the risk of being politically incorrect, Merry Christmas New Albany!!

5 Comments:

At Tue Dec 19, 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

I think that you are getting cranky in your old age!

A much younger,
Mark

 
At Tue Dec 19, 07:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Yule and Merry Imbolc and Ostara my Celtic friend!!!

May your Yule Log burn as brightly as the lights in Clarksville!!!

May large joints of meat stew in your caudrons!!!!!!!!

Much Much younger,
Roz

 
At Wed Dec 20, 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Jeff Gillenwater said...

I reckon I'll need to wander back down to Wal-Mart and return your Christmas gift then.

May your spirits be high and your bail set low.

Even younger still,
Jeff

 
At Thu Dec 21, 01:01:00 PM, Blogger edward parish said...

Lloyd you are a trip! Must be that
Scott County humor seeping out.

Happy Holidays

 
At Fri Dec 22, 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Lloyd, I'm right there with ya! I'm tempted to move away, but it's true, eventually they will follow you.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Probably just about the same age,

Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home