Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Bad Excuse is Better Than None!

These were the first words I heard from my father when I tried to explain why chores were not finished. They came back to me as I fired up the blog to write. When I started this I promised myself that I would post on a regular basis but as with most good intentions it has not been so. Oh well, on to the excuses.

I spent the weekend flat on my back under the wife's car. I started out to replace the radiator and ended up doing water pump, thermostat, hoses, belts, and transmission cooler lines. I stopped short of the heater core. Anyone for taking bets on how long that will last?

I twisted wrenches for a living years ago but once I finally got my fingernails clean it seems I now have developed an aversion to grease. It also never fails that once I start on an older vechicle, there seems to be no place to stop! I suppose however that I should be grateful for having the ability to do it myself. As it is I spent a little over $400 on the project. In a repair shop I have no doubt that figure would have near doubled. Best of all, the lady of the house now has heat in her car! Fingers crossed on the heater core of course.

Monday morning started the post Turkey Day pre Xmas crazies at work which has left me no time to post until now.

My email campaign to Congressmen and Senators netted me a response from each so I fired off another batch on different issues. It will be interesting to see if they keep up the dialouge. Who knows? Maybe some of them do listen if spoken to.

On the local scene there was a viewing of potential downtown bridge designs at Jeffersonville that I missed tonite. Funny; I thought that debate was over or has it just begun?

I also heard that Senator Clinton is going to be in Louisville on Friday. It would appear that an election is drawing nie!

Politics anyone?

1 Comments:

At Fri Dec 02, 12:38:00 PM, Blogger The New Albanian said...

Keep up the good work, highwayman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home