Sunday, March 05, 2006

Absence Makes the Heart Grow......?

Hello bloggers & readers! Sorry for the long gap but Mother Nature's weird sense of humor finally caught up with me. The drastic shifts in temperature resulted in a couple of weeks of this years version of the cough & hack runny nose junk that's going around. Getting thru the work day and dragging my carcess into bed were about all I got done.

I did however observe that the "this is the first I've heard about this issuse" excuse runs all the way from the local level (ie; CM Coffey) to the hallowed halls of the White House ( ie; George W. concerning the UAE port deal). I guess there is more than a little truth to the old saw that one can't see the forest for the trees. Or could it possibly be that the eyes have to be open in order for the image to register in the brain.

In the Nation section of this morning's CJ there was a short clip entitled " Pentagon pulls plane from port plan critic" It seems that even the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, One Rep. Peter King of New York, cannot question the validity of such action without having his knuckles rapped with a ruler. He is a republican by the way. Long story short it seems that his scheduled congressional delegation trip to Iraq and other parts in the middle east had to be canceled because of a lack of resources at the Pentagon ( there isn't a plane available for the trip)! Congressman King was reluctant to talk about it but did go so far as to say it was just coincidental. If anyone believes that I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale at a very inflated price.

Anywho, it seems that the only thing I have really missed in my absence is the second weekend of Gravity Head. Damn the luck!

Wait! There was one positive developement. Roger tells me that my block is now part of the East Spring Street Neighborhood Association. Hurrah and thank you!

Carry on bloggers! I'll catch up!!

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 06, 01:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!

And "yes," one does have to have one's eyes open for the view to register in one's brain.

Roz

 
At Mon Mar 06, 10:32:00 PM, Blogger edward parish said...

Lord Lloyd, minister of the lorries on the motorways has indeed returned. Type on dude! Film fest at Jon's this Sunday. See you there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home