Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hooray for Sunshine!!

Today was one of those rare days in my existence in which the planets were aligned, the ethers were calm, and my mental state was of all things, happy. I cruised around between downtown Louisville and back to our terminal in New Albany smiling and singing to myself as though I were in my right mind.

Dispatch eyed me warily all day and our mechanic dove under a trailer trying not to be seen everytime I drove into the yard. They were certain an explosion of nuclear proportions was eminent. For reasons that even I don't claim to understand, it never occurred. As a mater of fact it wasn't until my final load of the day that I got mildly aggitated at a fellow driver. He cut me off while approaching the Sherman Minton on the Kentucky side. However, he had little choice because of the left lane being closed for maintenance, so I gruffly gave him a free pass!

Is this a harbinger of things to come? Is Lloyd showing signs of actual patience? Will the sun rise tomorrow? To the latter I'd say yes. As for the two former, those who know me best would say, "not a chance!"

As for me , I'm clueless but I'll have to admit it was a refreshing day nonetheless!

Sleep Tight New Albany!!

6 Comments:

At Wed Apr 19, 02:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day dad! You deserve more than you get. I hope another one is in your immediate future.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 02:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second your son's comments.
Now, how can I get one of those days? Hhmmmm?

Roz

 
At Wed Apr 19, 05:44:00 PM, Blogger Highwayman said...

Ceece, thank you!

Roz Tate, Damned if I know! They just happen once or twice in an eon.
and Jonathan, As a matter of fact, I had another one today! Let's see---that's two in a row. now I'm scared!!

 
At Wed Apr 19, 10:29:00 PM, Blogger edward parish said...

Good to have "those" days, just remember a thousand ata boys can be erased by one o'shit.
e

 
At Wed Apr 19, 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Highwayman said...

Ed, if I start getting atta boy's, I'm going to confession and I'm not Catholic!

 
At Mon Apr 24, 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

Allow me to help.


Atta boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home