Thursday, May 04, 2006

Neighborhood By Example!

I've just returned from the Silver Grove Neighborhood Association 2nd Annual Open House and I must say I was impressed.

It was well organized and most if not every city department had representatives present to answer questions or listen to concerns as the case may be. They did so very graciously I might add!

There was also a very nice display of the history of Silver Grove for those of us who were unfamiliar with the area. Jim Munford got an autograph on one of the photos in the collection from a 90 year old lass who just happened to walk up and see herself as she was in her youth.

The mayor was present as were city council members Ms. Crump, Mr. Seabrook, and Mr. Messer.( I hope I didn't leave anyone out!)

The atmosphere was pleasant, the refreshments were delicious, and it appeared that everyone had checked their guns, knives, and politics at the door!

Well done Silver Grove! May we all follow your lead!

1 Comments:

At Sat May 06, 10:51:00 AM, Blogger The New Albanian said...

Same here. I hated to miss it, but I needed a night off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home