Friday, October 19, 2007

Holy Time Warp Batman! Where did the Year Go???

Oh that's right! I took a Sabbatical these past 9 and a half months and partook of surgery x4 (three of which were apparantly to fix the screwups of the first one), followed by a series of chemo and radiation treatments.

I now have first hand (or ass) experience of just how a microwave oven works. The concept of being cooked from the inside out was at first hard to grasp but during the last week of radiation, I had a revelation come upon me that provided clear understanding. (and I thought sunburns were uncomfortable)


At that point I went directly to plan B. I told the medical team when this ordeal first came up that when the cure got to be worse than the disease, I would resort to Single Malt Scotch and a comfortable chair in front of either my computer or TV.


So being true to myself, I said thanks but no thanks to further barbequeing, popped the cork on a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet that I've been saving for at least 6 years, and proceeded to get back into life.


Seemed like a jolly good idea at the outset but it's become quite evident in the past two weeks that there's a lot of stuff I haven't touched since January.

Ahh but have no fear. If the scotch holds out, I'm quite sure I can get most of it caught up before I go back to work in January!

If not, I'll move on to plan C which is ( I'll take care of it the very next opportunity I get!)

By the way the post sunburn bloodwork shows no indication of any of the "big C" markers let in the old bod. Nice try boys, but you've once again failed to keep me down.

This is a reoccurring theme in my life that I'll attempt to explain some day but for now suffice to say I'm back in the saddle.

Funny thing, when one of the current Coucil members was told this last evening his response was "God help us!" Timid buch aren't they?

4 Comments:

At Sat Oct 20, 04:51:00 PM, Blogger Ceece said...

what wonderful, delightful, pleasant, terrific news!

Here's hoping that you stay this way!

 
At Sat Oct 20, 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Highwayman said...

Thanks Ceece!

 
At Thu Oct 25, 07:28:00 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Like the saying goes, you can't keep a good man down.

Glad to hear the news, Lloyd.

 
At Thu Nov 01, 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Christopher D said...

Lloyd,
Great news on the absence of the "big C" markers on your lab work.
Keep the scotch flowing, and the wheels turning and tonight I will indeed tip my glass to you and your health!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home