Thursday, December 06, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust!

Wednesday last I roamed over to Clark Memorial Hospital to get an Ultra Sound scan to check for the presence of blood clots that I supposedly developed a result of the dog & pony show the medical profession termed life saving surgery in February of this year. I did survive but the hows & whys are a whole different tale for another time.

My incentive for this particular test was to determine if I really needed to keep taking blood thinners. I'm happy to report that the results came back negative. Like the big "C" cells, if there are any clots left, the little suckers are well hidden.

So Coumadin be gone!! That's one less shelf I have to carry around while I wander through life disguised as walking, talking portable pharmacy.

This Friday the 7th I go in for a followup "scope" so the surgeon can get an inside look at his handywork these many months later and then Monday next I'm getting a PET scan (what are they lookin' for? Stray dogs & cats?).

Depending on the outcome of those two procedures, they've assured me that I can attempt to go back to work in January.

I was concerned for a time that I'd not have the stamina to stay awake for a full 8 hour day. That situation has resolved itself these past few weeks only to present another launguishing dilemma.

I'm too damned busy to go back to work!
Wanted!!
Rich Uncle on deathbed with no living relatives that wants to adopt a nephew!
References available upon request!
Yeah, I know it's crass, but you can't blame a bloke for tryin'!

5 Comments:

At Thu Dec 06, 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Ceece said...

dude, that's awesome news!!! and if you find that "Uncle" ask if he wants a niece too!

 
At Fri Dec 07, 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

As for staying awake 8 hours--put down the glass!!

 
At Fri Dec 07, 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Highwayman said...

IAH,

Now why did you have to go and make it personal?

 
At Fri Dec 07, 05:49:00 PM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

I'm just a touchy, feely sort of guy.

 
At Sat Dec 08, 07:53:00 PM, Blogger John Manzo said...

No more blood thinners is always an awesome thing. I hope things keep getting better for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home