Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hey You...Yeah You...the Chubby Guy in Red With the White Beard

After many long evenings of intense negotiations, my good friend and fellow rabble rouser (IAMHOOSIER), has reluctanly agreed to assist me from time to time with a contribution to this site. I'm grateful for his assistance in maintaining continunity during those times when I suffer from writers block. The following is his initial ofering and I trust you will enjoy his humor as I do.


Dear Santa,
I appreciate what you have been able to do for New Albany and me.
Provided just enough LEADERS with the foresight to bring us Scribner Place at practically no cost to the taxpayers. And the LEADERS that took the action necessary to get a letter from the EPA stating that, during the last SURPRISE inspection, our sewer system was in compliance.

If I could be so bold as to ask for a few more things for Christmas.

1. Bloggers with the courage to rid themselves of the veil of anonymity.
2. Bloggers who are truthful about who and what they are.
3. More police, with cars, on the streets on New Albany.(I know you slow your sleigh down when you see one, on or OFF duty.)
4. Continued leadership to get more good letters from the EPA.
5. Courage and common sense to the new Common Council.
6. Speaking of common sense, send some to the Bloggers mentioned in 1 & 2. And a full case of logic. Make that a truckload.
7. Wisdom and enlightenment to incoming Mayor England. He says he has it, this is just to make sure that there is plenty.
8. Some peace to Mayor Garner. After a slow start, I think he really tried to do the right things.

Sincerely,
Mark Cassidy
“Iamhoosier”


Ok-ok, I'll admit his approach (as in the title) needs a little polish, but hey, we all had to start somewhere!

3 Comments:

At Tue Dec 18, 07:28:00 PM, Blogger Highwayman said...

To be honest, the title was my doing and Mark's post is heartfelt and serious on his part.

 
At Wed Dec 19, 08:02:00 AM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

You can feel free to edit me at any time. I usually need a serious dose of it.

By the way, this is just a trial run. I am still entertanining offers. The latest was a monogrammed pair of hip waders. Before that, was a full case of lemons every week. Care to connect the dots to the appropriate blogs?

Thanks to Lloyd for indulging me.

 
At Sat Dec 22, 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Ceece said...

can't wait to see more contributions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home