Saturday, December 03, 2005

Same Person Different Signature

Often when I am trying to formulate a simple thought my mind gets so busy with ways to say it better that I overlook the obvious. I can't see the forest for the trees!

This happened when I created this blogsite in trying to name it. As luck would have it my original title choice was already in use by someone else. I guess it wasn't so original huh?

At this point I started asking for ideas of catchy phrases from friends but alas they too were stuck looking at trees. So I went back to the drawing board, rearranged the wording and came up "View From the Highway". Okay, this'll work.

Now I had to come up with a signature name and again the mind rebelled. Get over it! I'm tired of looking at these damned trees!! So out of frustration and a desire to post Viewer was born. Not really what I was looking for but it'll do.

And so it goes, time passes, an epiphany occurs and the heretofore elusive obvious answer is revealed. A few days ago I was at my favorite pub drinking beer and listening to Johnny Cash in the background. My bartender turned around and said " Highwayman! That's what we were looking for!"

So now it is official; Viewer is now Highwayman ! Now if I can just find my way around those pesky html's and learn how to add links to my template without disfiguring it beyond all comprehension I'll be in business. Thanks Roger!!

Damn! I'm glad that's over! Hey!! There really is a forest here! Good thing 'cause those trees were starting to worry me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home