Saturday, January 06, 2007

Who the Hell Are you and What Do You Want??

My name is Lloyd Wimp and I am a mortgage paying, tax paying , voting citizen of New Albany. My background varies from construction trades worker, to auto/diesel mechanic, to vocational school instructor, to truck driver, to semi-professional beer drinker. I believe the general catagory is "Jack of all Trades & Master of None!"

I have no political ambitions for myself, I'm not seeking any political office, and I am curently not supporting any particular political party or platform, although I might look strongly at at a platform if anyone would lower themselves to coming forward with one. So far that has not happened and I've yet to see ANY indication of such.

What I and AN EVER INCREASING NUMBER OF NEW ALBANY CITIZENS want is a local government (administrative and legislative/fiscal alike) that is willing to;

A) look past what has been to what can be (think outside the box)!

B) work together which means open lines of communication, cooperation and sharing information with each other and the public. Both branches need to quit forcing each other and us, to beg, borrow or steal whatever documentation or verification is needed to make an intelligent,informed decision on a given issue!

C) work with the public in spite of how angry or crazy we may seem at times. Stonewalling and excuse making has created this monster that you folks find so distasteful. You have forgotten somewhere along the way, that YOU work for US at OUR pleasure, not the other way around.

Cain't like ain't is not in the dictionary. There is "I don't know how but I can learn." Or there is "I'm not going to!" which denotes a negative attitude and as my dear old Dad was so prompt to remind me, atitudes can be adjusted.

Too strong? I don't think so. Fighting words? Possibly, but only if they are ignored. Too uppity for mere citizens? Don't know, do you feel lucky?

So this in a nutshell without the flamboyance of multisyllable words is who we are and what we want & expect from our elected officials and their lackeys. Got any ideas on how to accomplish this feat. If so we are having a Greet & Meet at Richo's this coming Monday evening at 7PM.

For those of you who look to be running for election in 2007, this would be a great opportunity to hear our hopes and fears as well as for us to put a face to your name up close & personal. Don't worry, beer is optional (they have non alcoholic beverages)! We also promise to give you a 10 minute head start for the parking lot before the lynchings begin.

If you can't make this one, we loosely plan on a series of these events over the next several weeks. The bottom line is, we need an exchange of information concerning what potential candidates and voters have mind for New Albany's future and that future is NOW!

1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 06, 02:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I have your autograph???!!!!

You are such a media star now!!! Yes, I saw you on the news after the "animal ordinance" meeting, and I must say, you were a natural!

Also, I agree with your "common sense" remarks regarding what should be the contents of the ordinance. Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home