Monday, February 19, 2007

Meet Your Candidates!

On thursday March 1, 2007 the Uptown Neighborhood Association is hosting a "Meet Your Candidates" event.

We are inviting all of those folks who have registered to run the the May 2007 Municipal Primary Election for New Albany. So far all we have contacted, save one, has indicated they will attend.

We will have tables set up around the perimenter of the room with placards in front of each candidate with their name and the office they are seeking.

We are inviting the public , other neighborhood groups, as well as our own members to come by and discuss with the candidates individually whatever is on their minds concerning New Albany's future.

The Uptown Neighborhood Association is neither endorsing nor sponsering any particular candidate for any particular office. We are doing this solely to give the public a chance to meet those seeking office personally and for the seekers to hear what is on the voters minds up close.

The meeting begins at 7:00PM and light refreshments will be served. So come join us and bring your best questions to pose to the candidates.

My bad! The meeting will be held in the basement of the Silver Street United Methodist Church.
It is located right behind the Swifty Gas Station at the corner of Spring & Silver Streets.

Boy that would have been a disaster were it not for my competent sidekicks proof reading for me.

5 Comments:

At Mon Feb 19, 04:01:00 PM, Blogger Christopher D said...

where is the meeting being held, or am I just blind? :)

 
At Wed Feb 21, 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Christopher D said...

Highway,
Have you contacted the tribune to have a little blurp about this posted in the daily wipe?
The more people you could get in attendance the better we can show the candidates that it is time for SERIOUS change. Just food for thought, and I will do my very best to be there for this one!

 
At Wed Feb 21, 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Tabitha said...

Great, we will be there! Thanks for the information.

I have been out of the country for months so New Albany Source (www.newalbanysource.com) has been neglected. I am back in the swing of things so if you ever want things like this posted there, let me know.

Also, I will go ahead and add this - if you want.

 
At Fri Feb 23, 02:37:00 PM, Blogger pete said...

Highwayman,

My name is Peter Lyons, and I am running for city council. Please count me in for being there. I look forward to this opportunity.

I've started a blog that will provide more information, and that will be used to receive much needed input as well.

You can check it out at:
www.awakennewalbany.blogspot.com

Thanks for all you do!
Pete

 
At Tue Feb 27, 08:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

newsflash: Larry Kochert is running this fall as an Independent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home