Monday, April 09, 2007

"And You Thought it Was Safe to Get Back in the Water"

Not so, boys & girls, for I am still in the mix! My recent 7 day hospital stay turned into almost three weeks due to post initial surgery complications. I'm not completely aware of all the technical details but it seems that there were a total of four trips to the operating room in about a week.

I've been home for going on four weeks now the first two and a half of which were in a drug fog. I could not retain a concious thought for over 5 minutes regarless of the desire to do so.

At any rate, the mental and physical strength is getting stronger by the day. As a result I'm trying to catch up with what's going on around New Albany.

So far it seems that not much has changed. City government is still deadlocked and politics are, as expected, the rule of the day. Oh well, we have less than a month to go and then on to the next phase.

On a positive note, the Neighborhood Associations seem to attempting to make their presence known in a variety of ways and that is a good thing.

By the by, for all of you who express concenr, sent cards, phoned, and came to visit me during this ordeal, THANK YOU!!! I can't express how much both I and my family appreciated your efforts.

I'm not back on the horse yet, but I am cleaning the saddle in preparation. Onward & upward!

5 Comments:

At Mon Apr 09, 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Christopher D said...

Glad to see you back in the mix Lloyd.

 
At Mon Apr 09, 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Glad to hear you're back, Lloyd. You were missed.

 
At Tue Apr 10, 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Iamhoosier said...

Lloyd,

" I could not retain a concious thought for over 5 minutes regarless of the desire to do so."

And this was different exactly how?


You really did not think that I would let that pass, did you? It does me good to see you here rather than in that hospital bed. Welcome back.

 
At Wed Apr 11, 12:35:00 AM, Blogger maury k goldberg said...

Welcome back! I am glad you are getting better.

Maury

 
At Wed Apr 11, 07:28:00 PM, Blogger pete said...

Lloyd, glad you're back and recovering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home